What is the Black Dust Around Air Vents?
Dealing With the Black Dust Surrounding your Air Vents
Black Dust Around Air Vents – Have you ever wondered what the black dust is on the ducts and ceiling or the black stuff pouring out of your air conditioner vents is? And not only that, but are you wondering if it is hygienic and safe to allow it to stay there? It is black mold, and it is definitely not good for your health to allow it to stay there. So it would be best if you got rid of it as soon as possible.
Black dust coming from your air vents may cause many different health problems, including difficulties with breathing, throat irritation, continuous sneezing, and eye irritation. Black dust surrounding air vents is a bad sign. Although this dust might look inconsequential is is a severe threat to your well-being and good health. So today, we will be discussing how to get rid of the black dust surrounding your air vents.
Cause of Black Dust Surrounding Your Air Vents
It is well-known that moisture is produced by air conditioners. Moisture produced from the dehumidification of air is eliminated through the unit’s drainage pipe. However, the humidity is also generated from condensation, which doesn’t have anywhere to go. Although there is cold air flowing out of the air conditioning system, the warmer air that is around and inside of the unit can cause small water droplets to form around and inside the air ducts and vent. With this small amount of water is combined with particles of dust, it provides the ideal environment for mold infestation. Therefore, moisture and dust are what causes black dust surrounding your air vents.
How To Eliminate The Black Dust Surrounding Your Air Vents
The first thing you should do is call a certified inspector who will be able to tell you whether or not that black substance that is clinging around and in your ducts and vents is black old. After that has been confirmed, you either can purchase a mold removal product that has been approved by the EPA or use a DIY suspension. If you plan to handle this situation yourself, suit up and wear industrial-grade gloves, safety goggles, and a mask.
Tips For Preventing Mold Formation
Keep in mind that prevention is better than any cure. So don’t wait for mold to grow. Instead, the smart thing to do would not allow any mold to grow in the first place.
The following are some tricks and tips to help prevent the formation of mold:
- Replace your HVAC unit’s filters as recommended
- To reduce condensation, insulate your air ducts
- Clean your drip pans regularly
- Purchase a dehumidifier and turn it on near the moldy area. That will help to evaporate water quicker.
- Have professionals do maintenance on your HVAC unit regularly.
- Clean your gutters so no water collects inside of them that can cause leaks throughout your roof.
- Improve your home’s air circulation by opening windows, and using ventilators or exhaust fans
- Watch the humidity levels your inside your home. If it increases, over 60% take the necessary steps to maintain it at 30 to 60 percent. You may need to use a dehumidifier or adjust your thermostat to do so.
It is well-known that moisture is produced by air conditioners. … With this small amount of water is combined with particles of dust, it provides the ideal environment for mold infestation. Therefore, moisture and dust are what causes black dust surrounding your air vents. Black Dust Around Air Vents
Our professionally trained technicians have helped AirWiz Ducts Cleaners become an expert in the ducts cleaned and dryer vent cleaning field. We are proud of the fact that our company has been selected to work in some of the nation’s landmark institutions. After successfully performing HVAC air duct cleaning on more than 100,000 systems, AirWiz Air Duct Cleaning Gaithersburg is:
- A proud member of NADCA (National Ducts Cleaners Association) for 20 years.
- Certified by NADCA in Ventilation System Mold Remediation (VSMR) and Certified Ventilation Inspection (CVI).
- AirWiz An active member of IAQA (Indoor Air Quality Association).
AirWiz Our technicians have received recognition for their high quality work, including:
- Angie’s List Super Service Award for 2007 – 2018
- We are NADCA’s Safety Award Recipient (eight times), past winner of Outstanding Safety Award
To make an appointment with your local AirWiz Air Duct Cleaning! We’re ready to handle all your Air Ducts, from preventive maintenance and emergency cleaning and repairs, to new system recommendations and installation.