Removing Mold From a Window Air Conditioner
Mold From a Window Air Conditioner – In order to remove mold from a window air conditioner you have to clean or replace the filter. If there is mold in an air conditioning unit, it can be removed by using a cleaner that is commercial grade and especially formulated to get rid of mold growth. How you remove the mold will depend on the type of window air conditioning unit you have. The filter is easy to take off but if there is mold inside the unit, you can hire a professional cleaning service or do it yourself. When removing mold you have to take care that you are doing it safely. You need to make sure that you have the right supplies, which include:
• Goggles to protect your eyes
• Face mask to protect you from breathing in the mold spores
• Laundry detergent (powdered or liquid)
• Scrub brush
One of the main reasons that you should remove mold from a window air conditioner is the serious health problems mold can cause. The mold that is growing in your air condition can be circulated throughout your home with the air that is being blown out of the air conditioner. You can tell if there is mold growing in the air conditioner if you see visible mold on the exterior of the air conditioning unit or notice a musty smell when the air conditioning unit is running. – Mold From a Window Air Conditioner
After you have all of your supplies turn off the air conditioner. Generally, if you replace or clean your filter you can get rid of the mold problem so you should make sure that you are frequently cleaning or changing the filter in your window air conditioner. This is especially true if you live in an area with the constant issue of high humidity.
Here are the steps to cleaning the mold from your window air conditioner filter.
• Take off the front grill of your air conditioning unit, which can be done by pulling it forward and then pushing down slightly. On some units you have to use a screwdriver to remove the screws first
• In the front of the grill is where you will find the filter. Some are disposable so you need to know which type you have. If it is a disposable one just replace it.
• If it one that can be cleaned put it in your sink and sprinkle or pour a little laundry detergent on it and fill the sink with enough hot water to cover the filter.
• Let it soak for fifteen minutes and then gently scrub both sides to make sure that it is clean and the mold is gone.
•Rinse with clean water and hang to dry.
Our professionally trained technicians have helped AirWiz Ducts Cleaners become an expert in the ducts cleaned and dryer vent cleaning field. We are proud of the fact that our company has been selected to work in some of the nation’s landmark institutions. After successfully performing HVAC air duct cleaning on more than 100,000 systems, AirWiz Air Duct Cleaning Gaithersburg is:
- A proud member of NADCA (National Ducts Cleaners Association) for 20 years.
- Certified by NADCA in Ventilation System Mold Remediation (VSMR) and Certified Ventilation Inspection (CVI).
- AirWiz An active member of IAQA (Indoor Air Quality Association).
AirWiz Our technicians have received recognition for their high quality work, including:
- Angie’s List Super Service Award for 2007 – 2018
- We are NADCA’s Safety Award Recipient (eight times), past winner of Outstanding Safety Award
To make an appointment with your local AirWiz Air Duct Cleaning! We’re ready to handle all your Air Ducts, from preventive maintenance and emergency cleaning and repairs, to new system recommendations and installation. Mold in Hvac air duct cleaning – HVAC Ready For Spring
Here is our Free Trial Guaranteed, Nothing to Risk!
How it works: The first hour of the work is a trial, if you like the job, you can give us permission to go ahead and finish it.
Or, if we fail to impress, you can tell us to stop right there and we will pack up and leave. And there will be no charge!
We have the courage to offer this Free Trial because we work extra hard to provide a great job.