5 Facts All Homeowners Need To Know About Ductwork Air Duct Cleaning
– Air Duct Cleaning Service – As a new homeowner, you are probably trying to learn as much as possible about your house and its inner workings. Unfortunately, most people overlook the complexities of their ductwork. With air conditioning and heating units becoming a necessity for modern life, it is important to be aware of the importance of maintaining your air passages for optimal living conditions. Take a look at the following five facts concerning these important structures:
1. Ducts are enclosed passages that channel air throughout your home.
The first step to learning about your ductwork is being able to understand what a duct is. All homes with HVAC hold ducts within their walls. These are enclosed passages that move air. When your unit blows cold (or hot) air into the home, it needs to be able to remove the old air to ensure not only energy efficiency but also maintain the quality of air. Therefore, a duct system is able to supply air, remove air, and ventilate the atmosphere. The ductwork simply refers to the entire system, including the planning, sizing and layout of the channels.
2. Dirty ductwork can be responsible for sinus problems.
Since these tubes transport air, there is always a risk of mold, dirt and dust building up within the system. If you do not properly maintain the channels, you run the risk of creating an environment perfect for allergens. This may not affect some people, but others who are prone to allergies may suffer issues with their sinuses. Small children and the elderly may be particularly vulnerable to poor air circulation and dirty ducts. If you find yourself suffering from allergies more than usual, you may want to consider having your ductwork professionally inspected and cleaned.
3. Sheet metal is the best material for a duct.
These insular tubes can be comprised from different materials. Some are made of galvanized steel, while other structures utilize aluminum. Fiberglass is another option, as well. However, sheet metal is probably the best option for constructing the airflow. With this material, leaks seem to be less common and mold growth is limited. As a bonus, sheet metal lasts longer and is easier to maintain. air duct cleaning
4. Poor ductwork can cause significant problems with AC units.
Just like moldy ducts can irritate sinuses and exacerbate allergies, poorly maintained ductwork can interfere with your HVAC unit. Mold and other dust and allergens can back up into your system, causing malfunctions. Broken tubes will also cause systems to run for longer times, causing the potential for an early blowout and overheated units. To mitigate the problems of your ductwork, have someone inspect the channels regularly. Paying to prevent a problem may be less expensive than dealing with an actual issue.
5. Cleaning the ducts in your home can improve airflow and save you money.
Again, the most important thing for a homeowner to realize about their home air supply is that regular maintenance can save money and time. Not only does cleaning your ductwork regularly help your AC unit to run more efficiently, but it also improves the air quality in your home, thereby improving the health of all who live in your house.
Our professionally trained technicians have helped AirWiz Ducts Cleaners become an expert in the ducts cleaned and dryer vent cleaning field. We are proud of the fact that our company has been selected to work in some of the nation’s landmark institutions. After successfully performing HVAC air duct cleaning on more than 100,000 systems, AirWiz Air Duct Cleaning Gaithersburg is:
- A proud member of NADCA (National Ducts Cleaners Association) for 20 years.
- Certified by NADCA in Ventilation System Mold Remediation (VSMR) and Certified Ventilation Inspection (CVI).
- AirWiz An active member of IAQA (Indoor Air Quality Association).
AirWiz Our technicians have received recognition for their high quality work, including:
- Angie’s List Super Service Award for 2007 – 2018
- We are NADCA’s Safety Award Recipient (eight times), past winner of Outstanding Safety Award
To make an appointment with your local AirWiz Air Duct Cleaning! We’re ready to handle all your Air Ducts, from preventive maintenance and emergency cleaning and repairs, to new system recommendations and installation.